After completing, and passing with distinction, a gruelling assessment process I am now delighted to be a full member of the INSITIUTE OF MODERN DOG TRAINERS. (IMDT)
The IMDT follows a strict code of ethics. Positive reinforcement training methods are taught and adhered to.
Code Of Ethics
All Members of The IMDT agree to abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.
Dog training is, at present, an unregulated body where anyone can profess to be a dog trainer or even a behaviourist. To me this is incredibly scary and can cause so much damage to our dogs. In my opinion, there is no need to use force or to inflict pain on our dogs during training.
In my training sessions, we encourage our dogs to make the best choices, in order to achieve the reward (usually some tasty food!).
At Bella’s Buddies we are now able to offer the following training.
1 to 1 Programmes : Suitable for puppies and older dogs
These are 3,5 or 9 session programmes, tailored specifically to you and your dog.
Group Classes : All levels and ages catered for
Small group classes are held weekly. Dogs are taught to work alongside each other, gaining skills and impulse control.
During our group classes, we work towards achieving IMDT Partnership Grades. These grades contain specific skills which must be performed under assessment conditions in order for handler and buddy to be awarded their Grade certificate.
Pawfect Pacers : Does your buddy pull on walks?
3 sessions of top tips to encourage fabulous lead walking.
Reliable Recall : Do you need to be more exciting to get your buddy to come back to you????
3 sessions of recall ideas to boost the reliability of your buddy’s recall.
Buddies Bashes : Fun meet ups
These are socialisation meet ups for our buddies. I am on site to oversee behaviours, but all dogs remain the responsibility of their owners. I try to group the buddies according to size where possible!
1 to 1 Training Walks : All levels
If your buddy needs extra attention on walks, we can offer training walks, either with or without you present. Although, we do find owner input is hugely beneficial!